Alistair can help you with matters for which central government or Parliament is responsible, for example:

  • Immigration issues dealt with by the Home Office
  • Tax problems involving HM Revenue and Customs.
  • Benefits difficulties dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions

If you have a specific issue you would like to take up with a government department or minister, Alistair can also write to the relevant person on your behalf.

Alistair has no jurisdiction over private matters such as employment disputes or customer complaints, and he is not allowed to interfere with or try to influence legal cases.

Alistair will always try to deal as best he can with every case he is contacted about, however strictly speaking he does not have jurisdiction over areas dealt with by the local council; though we can put you in touch with your local councillor who may be a more appropriate point of contact.

More information on what MPs do for their constituents

Find your local councillor

Contact Bedford Borough Council

Contact Central Bedfordshire Council